A frightened but apologetic man has greeted Florida firefighters after allegedly setting off an unattended house fire while baking cookies on a George Foreman grill, according to local news reports.
Smoke was billowing from a house in Niceville, Florida on August 27 when a naked man walked in to meet officials at the door, according to a police report carried in the Miami Herald. The house was filled with smoke, and several things caught fire.
They said “I’m sorry,” and shut the door, according to the Northwest Florida Daily News.
The Herald newspaper quoted the police report as saying that the suspect “did not show any signs of understanding the risks he is being exposed to”. The man later admitted to authorities that he had eaten marijuana and had two bottles of vodka, the Herald said. For safety reasons, firefighters informed him that he may be dead from smoke poisoning as reported by the Daily News. Firefighters wearing oxygen masks removed burning objects from the house.
black background with fire.
Famous September 7th Birthdays
Year: 1999 Cameron Ocasio, American actor
Year: 1987 Danny North, English footballer
Year: 1969 Angie Everhart, American model and actress
Year: 1954 Michael Emerson, American actor
Year: 1934 Little Melton, American singer and guitarist (d. 2005)